1. Quick Fix nr. 1: create a sub inbox
2. Quick fix nr 2: smash that number
- Step 1: keep your eye on the inbox number, in this example, 1000
- Step 2: sort by name rather than date
- Step 3: select all those ones from the same sender and decide what you want to do with them:
- are they important?
- do they need to be filed / answered / deleted / unsubscribed?
- then take whatever action (including, if you cannot decide right now, dragging into inbox mentioned above in ‘quick fix nr 1’)
- then keep going – rinse and repeat – until you have dealt with those 100.
When your inbox number is 900 you are done (for the day)! And it has probably taken less than 5 minutes. Then later in the day just deal with the others that come in by taking the action needed immediately.